Growing your success lies in knowing what to start doing and stop doing. Here are 10 tips to get you on the right path to success.
Most people claim to want to be successful. Unfortunately, very few have a plan or strategy for achieving it. In his best-selling book, The No Excuse Guide to Success, Jim Smith, Jr. provides the following 10 stops and starts to owning your choices and growing your success.
1. STOP being defensive when you’re held accountable for your poor choices.
2. STOP being irritable and angry when you don’t get your way.
3. STOP looking for what’s wrong with the other person.
4. STOP being a victim.
5. STOP thinking negatively (and masking it by saying you’re just keeping it real.)
6. START saying “I got this!” when the going gets tough.
7. START asking for specific, clear feedback for improvement.
8. START listening without judging.
9. START focusing on the possibility and not the problem.
10. START following through on your promises. Period.
Changing habits takes time, so take a few minutes and write down strategies for each tip. Once you do, you will have a highly effective plan for growing your influence and propelling your level of success to the next level.
The Floor is Yours
What other things should people stop doing and start doing to own their choices? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
For more tips and strategies on becoming more successful, email us at email@example.com, explore the rest of this website, subscribe to this blog, and follow me on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Facebook). By doing so, you will gain access to leading edge research on management and leadership development and have access to daily inspirational and motivational quotes that will drive your success trajectory upward. So don’t delay, follow me and think yourself to success today!